Thursday 1 November 2012

Why did I buy that lip balm?!


Everyone loves Vaseline don’t they? I can’t say I use it for all those other things it supposedly does (have you heard it makes your eyelashes longer?!) but it is a fail-safe lip balm. And I love lip balm.  It is my ultimate impulse buy and I always buy more when I don’t need them.

I have noticed a number of shops recently stocking the big Vaseline tins containing 3 regular size Vaseline pots, and I think they have two different varieties depending on which pots are inside.  I thought this was genius…and obviously wanted to purchase. Immediately.  But the price put me off.  Over the past year I have been living well below the poverty line and favoured pound shops over luxury shops like Tesco and Boots.   And I was adamant that pots of Vaseline were only a pound.  So I was not forking out a fiver for 3 pots, even if they were of the flavoured and exciting variety.

But whilst doing my weekly food shop in Tesco (I now do weekly food shops….for proper food), I saw this amazing giant Vaseline tin on offer for a mere £3. Therefore at £1 a pot and not ridiculously overpriced, it has to be purchased.  Original, Aloe Vera and Rosy Lips were now in my possession and subject to weekly rotation.

Goodbye old, not-really-cola-flavoured lip balm from Primark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment