Monday 21 November 2011

why did i get a blog?!

So, since deciding to do a masters in consumer psychologyat the start of this year, I've become a bit obsessed with social media. I was already an avid Facebook user (you have to be at uni don't you?) and decided to get Twitter. First it was following the celebrities (mostly Made in Chelsea stars....) then I thought I have got Twitter to try get my dream job and get somewhere in London. So I started following fashion PR companies and branding agencies. It was interesting but I was really getting Twitter or how influential it could be!

Then I had a lecture from Matthew Zorpas (@prwonderland) on social media. He scared me when he said fashion PR's need to have 1000 followers to get anywhere....I had around 60. He talked about blogging, and how it can get you places. A few of my friends blogged, Lyndsey Clark (@lyndseyyy) and Carolaine Pino (@carolainepino) so I thought i should jump on the bandwagon. But what to blog about?!

I love fashion, love my vogue subscription and get a little obsessed with who is wearing who, but I'm not the sort of person who wears the latest trends and can tweet great pics of my outfits. I play it far too safe! So as I'm doing a masters in consumer psychology I thought I should stick to what I know. What makes me buy things? Why do i actually spend huge amounts of money (what I believe to be huge amounts considering how much I earn!) on a dress I believe I can only wear in London and not at home in Edinburgh?! So here it is...why did i buy that?!

3 comments:

  1. PS... Totally just added the twitter bar on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can u blog about the leather trousers please...that sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete